Sunday, September 5, 2010
Final preparations ....
Hello NANI Members,We are now in the final month of preparation for the exhibit and I would like to share a few details with you below.
• Exhibit dates are Saturday and Sunday October 2-3 from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. at the Social Center of Community Park, 8751 Lions Club Drive, Munster, IN 46321
• Entries -Beth V reports there are 272 entries from 33 members participating. Way to Go! However we have only a few examples of the 2009 State Day Project entered (box top and/or amulet bag). We are planning to highlight this event at the exhibit and would love to have a “bunch” of interpretations of the project to show with the display. Beth will have entry forms at the Sept 7th general meeting if anyone would like to add their completed State Day project to the display. State Day was such a success for NANI, and the project was an original design of, and taught by, our own Jamee J. We really need to highlight this. We are doing a similar highlight of the La D Da Workshop.
• Fundraisers – Sept 7th will be the deadline to turn in finished ornaments for the ornament sale; Sept 7th will be the final deadline to sign up for the Member’s Boutique as a seller; Opportunity Drawing tickets will be ready for sale and/or distribution Sept. 7th general meeting. Price is $2 each or 3/$5. If you take tickets to sell, be sure to return money and sold tickets to Jane C by Sunday, Oct.3rd at 3:45 p.m…..the drawing deadline!
• Volunteer sign up -Thanks to all of you who have signed up already. The sign up sheets will be available at the general meeting also. If you have told me you will be available any time as needed, please still sign up to cover a station during the exhibit so I can be sure each station is covered. This may save me a few phone calls!
• Publicity -It’s not too late to continue to send out the flyer and keep talking up the exhibit. GLR Chapters, and needlework retailers in Indiana and neighboring states have been notified. All of the local news media (radio and print) have been notified also. I will be taking a few pictures at the general meeting to provide to the media. Check out the displays at the Lansing Library and Munster Library. Check out our ad in the South Shore Arts Magazine.
• Display – We are putting out the call for display fixtures. We will need table cloths in neutral colors, chairs, tables, shelving, baskets, chests, silk plant, etc. to make the display pretty. Items should be portable. Please sign up at the general meeting with your name and what you have to loan. A few items were noted on the entry forms.
• Check In Friday October 1st – Check in time for the exhibit pieces is to be announced at the Sept. 7th general meeting ( a reminder email will also go out). We ask for your cooperation in checking in and checking out your pieces. We are trying a new system this time that will make this process proceed in an orderly fashion…but may require your patience. Please follow the instructions of the volunteers. Thanks for your understanding. In addition, please label each of your pieces with your name somehow. Suggestions are a mailing label, masking tape with name, painters tape with name (a kinder, gentler method per Deb L) or any other method you are comfortable with. Please do the same with items loaned for the display.
September and October will be a busy and successful time for NANI…
Let’s Go For It!